Do you want to know if the University of Uyo UNIUYO cut off marks 2020/2021 has been released? Or Has Uniuyo announced the date of her post UTME? These are questions that most of the student will be willing to get answers for especially now that they just concluded their UTME examination. If you need answers to them, then you are in the right place and we welcome you.
Normally, the joint admissions and matriculation board, JAMB usually sets the baseline mark called cut off the mark that a student must get before he can be considered for admission into the university or any other tertiary institution. Over the years, the mark has been set to 180 even though for some it is 200. However, fortunately for you, your University of choice, the university of uyo is adopting the 180 as the baseline mark in JAMB before you will be considered to write the school Post UTME.
But firstly, in order for us to really get what we are talking about, let get to know what cut off mark is
Cut off mark is like a baseline mark that is set by Joint Admission and Matriculation Board or School that a student must pass before he or she can be considered admission into the University. The one set by JAMB is the conventional JAMB cut off the mark that we all know about, while that of the school is the one set by the school itself, the Post Jamb Cut Off Mark.
As a student that aims for admission this year, your ultimate goal is to get the required score that will give you admission this year. But believe me, getting admission into a University especially the likes of UNIUYO takes more than that. You know on a yearly basis, the number of applicants to a University is always on the high side, which implies that competition will also increase. And also know that the complexity of the competition will depend on your chosen course. Competitive courses like Medicine will, of course, be much more competitive than less competitive courses and as such, you have to score a high score if you want such a course.
University of Uyo Uniuyo Cut Off Marks 2020 for All the Departments
University of Uyo has published the Uniuyo cut of marks in the learning citadel for all of its 92 divisions and programs that are tenable.
According to the Dean, Students Affairs, Dr. Aniekan Brown, School Plus Career, the cut-off marks are not set, but shift from time to time, which may be due to the number of students applying for study in that specific year. In his words: “We have about 93 active programs in Uniuyo running under 12 FACULTIES until we can extend it to accommodate more and more students, which is why we have so many projects at the permanent university site”
Points to note About University of Uyo UNIUYO
Before we proceed to showing you the three numbered cut off the mark, let quickly look at the salient points that you must always remember
- You must have scored a Jamb score of 180 and above to be able to register for the post Jamb test. Anything below that, as the University is the sort that operates solely based on cutting off the mark, I’ll suggest you should do a change of course or even university. And you know, you can’t play with this year again.
- You have to have selected UNIUYO as your University of first choice during your Jamb registration. This is significant because those who choose the university as their first choice would have more opportunities than those who choose them as Second Choice.
- You must brace yourself for registration for the Post Jamb exam by making sure that you have ready the following documents: original copy of JAMB result slip, O/Level certificates, Original copy of your birth certificate, secondary school testimonial, 22 recent passports (or more) and any other academic certificates that you feel will work. In fact, to be on a safer side, it is better for you to go along with any certificate related to your life
- Please note that unlike other universities in Nigeria, the University of Uyo does not accept awaiting result of JAMB, WAEC or others. If this is your case, I guess the University of Uyo is not for you. Please quickly revert to a University that will consider you in order for you to get admission this year. You know time is running away from us.
- In the upcoming Post Jamb examination, your duty is for you to ensure a higher mark in the examination in order to have a chance in the admission process. However, you have to know that scoring a higher mark both at the Jamb and Post Jamb level will not guarantee you automatic admission. It is based on luck and remembers that not all that passed will be chosen.
- You have to score higher in order to have a greater chance of getting admitted.
- Finally, please note that just like other Universities have their own catchment area, so do the University of Uyo also has its own.
For the Post Jamb cut off the mark, please note that the minimum you must get is 50%, meaning that anything below this is a slim chance of getting admission. However, also note that depending on the type of course and how competitive it is, hence the score. For competitive courses, you are expected to score at least 80% to stand a chance of getting admitted while for less competitive courses, you still must score very high.
UNIUYO Cut Off Marks for All Courses and Departments?
HERE IS A LIST OF ALL THE DEPARTMENTS AND THEIR AVERAGE POST UTME CUT OFF MARKS.
1-ACCOUNTING : 220
2-ACCOUNTING EDUCATION: 200
3-AGRIC-ECONOMICS & EXTENSION: 185
5-AGRICULTURAL SCIENCE & EDUCATION: 190
7-ANIMAL SCIENCE: 195
9-BANKING AND FINANCE: 220
11-BOTANY AND ECOLOGICAL STUDIES:215
13-BUSINESS EDUCATION: 205
14-BUSINESS MANAGEMENT: 220
15-CHEMICAL ENGINEERING: 220
17-CIVIL ENGINEERING: 195
18-COMMUNICATION ARTS: 215
19-COMPUTER EDUCATION: 200
20-COMPUTER ENGINEERING: 210
21-COMPUTER SCIENCE: 190
22-CURRICULUM STUDIES: 185
24-EDUCATION &ECONOMICS: 200
25-EDUCATION AND MATHEMATICS: 200
26-EDUCATION AND MUSIC: 185
27-EDUCATION AND PHYSICS : 190
28-EDUCATION & SOCIAL SCIENCE: 180
29-EDUCATION & RELIGIOUS STUDIES:180
30-EDUCATION AND BIOLOGY: 200
31-EDUCATION AND CHEMISTRY:200
32-EDUCATION AND EFIK/IBIBIO: 190
33-EDUCATION AND ENGLISH LANGUAGE: 200
34-EDUCATION AND FRENCH: 210
35-EDUCATION AND GEOGRAPHY: 205
36-EDUCATION AND HISTORY: 195
37-EDUCATION AND INTEGRATED SCIENCE: 190
38-EDUCATION AND POLITICAL SCIENCE:200
39-EDUCATION AND SCIENCE: 215
40-EDUCATION AND SOCIAL STUDIES :180
42-EDUCATION FINE ARTS: 185
44-ELECTRICAL/ELECTRONIC ENGINEERING: 240
45-ENGLISH LANGUAGE: 220
46-ESTATE MANAGEMENT: 200
47-FINE AND INDUSTRIAL ARTS:190
48-FISHERIES AND AQUACULTURE: 180
49-FISHERIES & AQUATIC ENVIRONMENT MANAGEMENT: 185
50-FOOD ENGINEERING: 190
51-FOOD AND SCIENCE TECHNOLOGY:205
52-FORESTRY AND WILDLIFE: 200
54-GEOGRAPHY AND REGIONAL PLANNING: 190
55-GUIDANCE AND COUNSELING:180
57-HISTORY AND INTERNATIONAL STUDIES:220
59-HOME ECONOMICS AND EDUCATION:180
60-HUMAN ANATOMY: 215
62-LAND SURVEYING & GEOINFORMATICS: 200
67-MASS COMMUNICATION: 210
69-MECHANICAL ENGINEERING: 230
70-MEDICINE AND SURGERY: 275
73-PETROLEUM ENGINEERING: 235
76-PHYSICAL EDUCATION: 205
80-PRE-PRIMARY & PRIMARY EDUCATION: 180
83-RELIGIOUS AND CULTURAL STUDIES:205
84-SOCIOLOGY & ANTHROPOLOGY: 200
88-TECHNICAL EDUCATION: 185
90-URBAN AND REGIONAL PLANNING:200
School plus Career, your number one information site is here to give you the latest info as they come.
To contact us, send SMS or call 08171762579; 09071434204.
Or alternatively, use the comment box below.