N-Power’s Employment Opportunity: N-Power: Breakdown Of How Beneficiaries Were Pre-Selected | See Full Details Here
N-Power: Breakdown Of How Beneficiaries Were Pre-Selected
The N-Power, the federal government empowerment programme has released a breakdown of how beneficiaries were pre-selected.
Here are few details: The first 200,000 of this Employment Opportunity’ beneficiaries were selected from 350,000 Graduate applications. In 2017, the N-Power portal opened up for Graduate applications on the 13th of June.
Applications received were 403% more than the Graduate applications received in 2016.
As at the time, the application process closed in July 27th, 2017, 2,543,079 people had applied for the N-Power Graduate Programmes.
In 2017, N-Power is committed to improving on the lessons learnt in 2016. To avoid some payment issues that plague(d) the 2016 beneficiaries, the BVN validation stage was introduced.
Here, applicants whose names didn’t match their BVN were precluded from proceeding to the Assessment Test phase stage. 2,258,266 people scaled through the BVN validation stage.
They were consequently invited to proceed to the Assessment Test Phase. 1,746, 454 people honoured that invitation. In selecting the 300,000, we took the following into consideration
1. BVN Validation and Online Assessment
2. Achieving equity
3. Linking selection to population using
4. Addressing Demand Distribution of Unemployed Graduates
5. Taking into account, Deployment/Utilization issues from 2016
6. Correcting Deployment/Utilization challenges among 2016 N-Power beneficiaries
7. Rural-Urban Distribution Balance. Priority was given to the Rural Areas especially N-Agro applicants
8. Programme Allocation – Teach/Agric/Health 300,000 have been pre-selected for the physical verification stage.
Applicants and the General Public must note that pre-selection does not equate Final selection.
1: State Application Chart Image
2: Application Breakdown Image
3: Selection Criteria Image
4: What Pre-selection is not