31 Students From The 31 LGAs Of AkwaIbom To Win 31 Million Naira At The IOLED Essay Competition | How To Participate | Application Portal
This post is all about the Iboro Otu’s Leadership and Entrepreneurial Discourse, IOLED Essay competition .
Iboro Otu, an illustrious son of AkwaIbom State has again proven that giving back to the society is a right step in the right direction by offering more than thirty million naira (thirty-one million to be precised) to creative AkwaIbom students who will participate in the essay writing competition that he is organising.
“Challenges Debilitating Youth Entrepreneurship in Akwa Ibom State Communities: Insights and Solution.”
HOW TO PARTICIPATE IN THE IOLED ESSAY COMPETITION STEP
STEP 1: Complete registration form, write and submit essay.
STEP 2: Three (3) Successful essay entries from each Local Government Area will be invited for oral interview.
STEP 3: Thirty One (31) Successful
participants representing the 31 LGAs in Akwa Ibom State will be invited for comprehensive capacity building sessions to equip them with the needed skills and knowledge to assist the winners in implementing their community project with the seed fund.
STEP 4: Award of Prize money, Project Execution, Mentorship and Project Evalution Also, at the end of every year, all winners in the four (4) quarters will participate in an end-of-year conference and award event with the programme stakeholders from all the participating institutions, international organizations, and well-meaning citizens of the world.
Essay Competition Guidelines
1. Participants must be indigenes of Akwa Ibom State, and students in tertiary institutions in Akwa Ibom State.
2. The challenges, insights, and solutions should be limited to your community. [What distinctive idea can be implemented with N100,000?]
3. Entries must not exceed the stipulated word count. [Not less than 2,000 words and not more than 2,500 words]
4. Participants must first visit and like the ALERT NIGERIA Facebook page. NOTE: [Each participant can submit only one essay entry (online). An entry will be disqualified if it doesn’t meet the essay competition requirement or is submitted after the deadline]
5. The idea should not be limited to business, it could be a social problem in your community.
READ ALSO: Ongoing Recruitment at UNICEF | Requirements | Application Portal
How You Will be Scored
FOCUS: The essay topic is clearly laid out | The essay stays within the topic parameters | The essay provides a clear and coherent introductory statement.
SYNTHESIS Each paragraph contains just one idea or concept | The idea addresses the essay question | There is a good link between paragraphs | There is balance and coherence in composition.
SOUNDNESS Depth of understanding of challenges | Adequacy of proposed solution | Accurate presentation of evidence.
ORIGINALITY The essay expresses idea not commonly found | The writer is creative in the presentation of the idea | The essay displays a lot of thought on behalf of the writer | The essay addresses the topic in a way that makes the reader think | The essay shows the ability of the writer to be inventive.
CLARITY OF STRUCTURE The essay has beginning (introduction), a middle (body), and an end (conclusion) | The essay follows a clear and logical progression.
MECHANICAL STRUCTURE Sentences are full and complete, and spellings are correct throughout | The essay has consistent verb tense, voice and third party usage.
SOURCE References are presented in line with specified format.
CONCISE TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR PARTICIPANTS
Please read these terms carefully before registering and submitting your essay.
1. All participating students will be required to provide means of identification from their institution (and herewith to present for confirmation purposes).
2. The participating student must have originality of content, devoid of plagiarism in all levels.
3. No copy or form of assistance from third parties should be engaged in putting together the essay materials.
4. Any participant that is unable to convince the panel about their identity and the originality of his/her essay contents is liable to lose prize.
5. ALERT Nigeria reserves the right to change the value of the essay competition’s prizes, either by reviewing upward or downward.
6. ALERT Nigeria reserves the right to be indemnified in the publishing or use of the essay contents or intellectual property submitted by participants.
7. ALERT Nigeria has the right without reservation to material and ideas provided on our platform, and enjoy full rights to use content for promotional purposes and for programme development.
8. Participating students must be an indigene of Akwa Ibom State studying in in a tertiary institution in Akwa Ibom State.
9. Participant essay entries will be cancelled if found to contain inappropriate words or phrases must be used by participants in the content of their essay.
10. Participants must be adhered strictly to the guidelines of the essay competition.
11. Any essay competition participant that tries to gain undue advantage in the process of essay assessment and evaluation will be disqualified from the programme.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY AND SUBMIT YOUR ESSAY